Thursday, October 25, 2012

Release Me and Let Me Go

OK. I know I mentioned on my last post that my release date will be November 23rd. That was some very wishful thinking.

I've recently connected with a great mentor and he explained to me that there is more to setting a CD Release date than just getting the finished product and announcing it. I need to consider my first single and release that first. Then possibly a second single. Then the full CD.

I also need to consider servicing the various media outlets. Those outlets want advance copies of the songs months before the CD is released. My God. There is a lot to learn but I believe in this project and I want to do it right.

So, I'm taking a step back and planning my release dates in the context of a comprehensive marketing campaign. That just sounds cool! I'll figure out what it means later.

In the mean time, I am preparing to release my first single. It will most likely be "I Look Like My Father". I have gotten overwhelming responses on that song when I sang it at different churches and venues. I'm believing that this song will be a blessing to thousands; as will the other songs on the CD.

So, thank you again for your love and support. Keep us in your prayers because we are going for it.

Peace and Favor upon you and your loved ones.

Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment